Rode has a new shotgun microphone designed for DSLR cameras – the VideoMic Pro.
Rode VideoMic Pro from Team Digital on Vimeo.
It sounds great, is much smaller and you won’t have to keep a supply of rubber shockmounts on hand. (The original VideoMic uses small rubber shock mounts that get easily lost.)
Here are other key points about this great mic:
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact design (only 150mm/6″ length)
- Ultra lightweight (only 85g/3oz)
- 9V battery powered, with up to 70 hours battery life (alkaline)
- Integrated shock mounting
- Integrated foam windshield
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8″ thread for easy boompole mounting
- Free DeadCat VMP furry windshield*
- Ten year warranty (following online registration)
If you want to hear how this mic sounds, here’s a video from Philip Bloom shot with the Rode VideoMic Pro – sounds great!
GH2: Movember Gala Party from Philip Bloom on Vimeo.
Cool stuff. There is another example of the VideoMic Pro up on Vimeo. http://vimeo.com/18806328 We were able to test the new mic out in the back country during a recent snowmobiling adventure. The results with the +20dB setting are very clean on the Canon 5D Mark II. I can’t wait to put it on a boom pole and see how it does.
Thanks, Guy, nice video as always. The mic sounds great with good reach. Looking forward to checking it out myself.
Adriel, we have only 5 left in this first shipment. There is very few coming in for the entire US. If you’re going to get one, get it quick. The next shipment will take about a month. Thanks for the great work you do here on DSLRHD. I’m also diggin’ Paul Myers PDF – thanks again!
I just placed an order with you, thanks for the tip.